Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year

Well, I feel the need to post one more blog update in 2010 so here you go.

2010 has been an amazing year for my family and me; full of excitement, new projects and lots of work. I am very blessed. Here are a couple of the major things that happened in my family this year.

1- In April I was called to serve as Bishop of the new Far West Ward. It has been a wonderful experience so far and I am very blessed to be associated with such great people. Yes, it is busy. I usually feel like I need to call in sick to rest from the Sabbath, but it is wonderful.

2- In August, Cedar Fort released my first book, Defensive Tactics. It has been a thrill every step of the way and it is always rewarding to hear that someone has read and liked the book. It’s also fun to hear about all the places it is being sold, like the BYU bookstore. I love that.

3- We moved. For the past couple of years we have been trying to sell our little house on 40 acres and this year we succeeded. We were able to buy a larger house on a smaller acreage and get out of debt at the same time. The house is wonderful and the kids like being closer to friends.

4- Mica got a new job with the school district as the Parents as Teachers Facilitator. She has always stayed home with our kids but with the youngest going into Kindergarten, she sought a job that would still allow her to be home when they were off school. It keeps her very busy but works great for the family.

One of the truly great blessings of everything that happened this year is that I have been exposed to new and wonderful people. Whether it is new Ward members I never knew or reacquainting with old friends, or getting involved with a community of talented authors or new neighbors, 2010 has been GREAT!

2011 will not likely hold the same kind of Big events or opportunities but it can be just as good. By setting meaningful goals, we can still accomplish GREAT things, even if they aren’t necessarily BIG.

A BIG “thank you” to all my new friends and associates. I hope 2011 is a great success for each of you. Happy New Year.

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment